Life of a confused girl.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Work


Here is a picture of where I live. Its not much but it is what I call home for now. At first I really did not like it because I mean just look at it! But now it has grown on me. I have my own little area that I consider my "bedroom" even though it is open for anyone to see. But it is mine. The rats and cockroaches at first were really hard to deal with but now they just don't bother me. When I see them I just think oh wow there they are.






Work is good some days some days all I want to do is quite and go home. I really like working on rebuild work because I learn a lot and the supervisor is really friendly. But they only need a few people doing rebuild so we do not get to do it that often. When we are not doing rebuild we are gutting. We get to wear these black jumpers over are uniform that are so hot (which you can see in the picture) and we were a mask because of the mold and man it is so hard to breath in the masks. Gutting out houses is something that needs to be done here still in New Orleans which is sad. Yesterday we went to a house that has yet to be untouched since the storm and for the first time I have seen still have the mud from the flood in there. There was a good 5 inches of mud on the floor of this house. Gutting out houses is not fun but it is something that needs to be done so we pretty much gut out houses everyday. If you are ever looking to volunteer I ask you please come down to New Orleans for a week and help gut out houses it needs to be done so that the families can start their healing process and move back into their homes.

The days are long when you gut but my team knows how to have fun while doing work. I don't think I could make it through this project without my teammates! You guys rock.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home