Life of a confused girl.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

New Orleans

I have been in AmeriCorps now for over a month and I am on my first project. I am at New Orleans working with Red Cross. I go door to door assessing needs. I never could picture what I have seen down here. I have always seen pictures but seeing it with your own eyes is just a different experience. There are houses that have not been touched since the storm, houses that have been gutted but are now empty, there are just slabs where houses used to be, and there are houses that have been redone and there are now people living with them. It is so great to see and talk to the people who are in the process of redoing their house of the house is all done. Just looking at these houses and listening to the people's stories makes me feel like any little thing I thought was bad in my life is really not bad at all. I just wish I could go and just help them instead of taking the data and then maybe they will get help. I will let you know how the rest of my project goes when I can get online. I will also be posting pictures later when I find out how I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home